Shopify Tutorial For Beginners: How To Set up Shopify Store 2023
Shopify Store is a leading e-commerce platform that empowers individuals and businesses to create, manage, and scale online stores. In this guide, we’ll walk you through the step-by-step Shopify tutorial for setting up your Shopify store. Our easy-to-follow instructions, screenshots, and practical tips will empower you to create a professional and thriving online presence. Let’s get started!
Shopify is a widely used e-commerce platform that enables individuals and businesses to create and manage online stores. Founded in 2006, Shopify has become one of the most popular and versatile solutions for setting up, customizing, and running online retail businesses.
Key features of Shopify:
- Store Setup and Design: Shopify offers a user-friendly interface that allows users to set up an online store without requiring extensive technical knowledge. Users can choose customizable templates to design their store’s look and feel.
- Product Management: Sellers can easily add and organize their products using Shopify’s intuitive product management system. This includes options for categorizing products, setting pricing and inventory levels, and creating product variants.
- Payment Processing: Shopify provides built-in payment processing options, allowing merchants to accept various payment methods such as credit cards, PayPal, Apple Pay,… It also supports multiple currencies, making it suitable for international sales.
- Shopping Cart and Checkout: Shopify includes a fully functional shopping cart system that simplifies the checkout process for customers. It supports guest checkout, abandoned cart recovery, and customizable shipping options.
- Analytics and Reports: Shopify offers detailed analytics and reporting features that provide insights into sales, customer behavior, and other vital metrics. This information helps merchants make informed business decisions.
Shopify offers several pricing plans to cater to different business needs:
- Basic Shopify: $25 per month – Includes essential features for starting a new online store.
- Shopify: $65 per month – Offers additional features like gift cards and professional reports.
- Advanced Shopify: $399 monthly – Provides advanced reporting, third-party shipping rates, and more.
- Shopify Plus: Enterprise-level solution with custom pricing – Designed for high-volume businesses with advanced needs.
Step-by-step Guide To Set up Shopify Store
Based on our experience, we provide 7 easy steps to set up a Shopify store. Let’s follow our steps:
- Create Shopify Account
To start, let’s go to the Shopify website: www.shopify.com. Next, click on the “Start Free Trial” button.
Next, you have four choices for creating a Shopify account: through Email, Apple, Facebook, or Google. Select the option that aligns with your preferences, and the system will promptly guide you to the Shopify dashboard.
Once you complete your email or personal information confirmation, Shopify will direct you to your Shopify Dashboard:
- Choose Shopify Plan
Next, you must choose a store plan to run your online store effectively and take advantage of Shopify’s many great features. To do so, click Settings in the bottom left corner, then select Plan and click on Update Payment Method to pay for the Plan:
After that, click on Choose Plan and select the most suitable package for your business. When choosing a package for your business, you should carefully consider the number of products you plan to sell and their complexity. More extensive inventories can benefit from higher-tier plans. In addition, it is advisable to choose a plan that fits your business’s budget.
After choosing the right package, you need to fill in some business information and proceed with the payment:
- Connect Shopify Domain
An exclusive domain name plays a crucial role in cementing your business identity. Connecting a domain to Shopify involves linking your existing domain name to your Shopify store. This makes your online store accessible using your custom domain, giving it a professional and branded web address.
When you start using Shopify, your store will be assigned a domain name of myshopify.com. To make changes, you can:
- Modify domain myshopify.com
- Buy a domain name
To do so, click Settings at the bottom left of the Sidebar, then choose Domain.
Starting here, you can opt for “Buy new domain” or modify “myshopify.com” to “yourstore.myshopify.com” with “yourstore” being the term you want as your Shopify site’s name.
Additionally, if you want to buy domains for your store, here are some popular domain registrars:
- GoDaddy: One of the most well-known domain registrars, GoDaddy offers various domain options and additional services.
- Namecheap: Known for its competitive pricing and user-friendly interface, Namecheap is a popular choice for domain registration.
- Add Products
The next step is to incorporate products after setting up the essential information for your store. Navigate to the sidebar, select “Products,” and click “Add product“.
When adding a product, remember to complete the required information and include images:
If you sell digital items, remember not to tick “This product requires shipping” to deactivate shipping choices. You can also establish collections to categorize products – such as creating distinct sections for men’s and women’s attire.
Once completed, remember to tap “Save product” to finalize the process.
- Select and Customize your Shopify theme
Selecting and customizing a Shopify theme is essential in creating a visually appealing and functional online store. To customize the Shopify theme, log in to your Shopify admin panel.
From the left sidebar, navigate to “Online Store” and click “Themes”. Here, you can find the Shopify Theme Store to explore and select a theme. Besides, you can visit the website: https://themes.shopify.com/ to choose from a wide range of beautiful and professional pieces for your store!
To exemplify the setup, if you choose the Dawn theme, let’s click Add, then select Customize to add the Dawn theme to your Shopify store:
Once satisfied with your customizations, click the “Save” button to apply the changes. If you can make your customizations live, click “Publish”.
- Add Other Pages
From the Shopify admin dashboard, click on “Online Store” in the left-hand sidebar. In the Online Store section, you’ll see “Pages” listed. Click on it to access the Pages management area. Next, click the “Add page” button to create a new page.
If you want to create pages related to About Us, Contact Us,…then enter the page title “About Us” or “Contact Us”. In the “Content” section, you can add the relevant content for the page. You can use the rich text editor to format the text, add images, links, and more.
If you are confused with the content template, you can go to this Shopify tool to create content https://www.shopify.com/tools/policy-generator
Once satisfied with the page content and settings, click the “Save” button to create the page. If you’ve set its visibility to “Online”, the page will be published and visible to your customers.
Repeat these steps for each additional page you want to add to your Shopify store. You can create pages for various purposes, such as an About Us page, Contact Us page, FAQ page, Terms and Conditions,…. Ensure each page’s content and design align with your store’s branding and purpose.
Hope our step-by-step guide on Shopify tutorial 2023 will help you gain a solid foundation for creating an impressive and functional e-commerce platform.
In addition to creating an online store, continuously refining your store, expanding your product range, and embracing the latest e-commerce trends will contribute to your long-term success. Therefore, after setting up your online store, you need to add several apps or tools to run and manage your business efficiently and achieve remarkable results with your Shopify store.
If you have any questions, contact us via email@example.com for further information!
62 total views, 1 views today