THE FUTURE OF ADVERTISING WITH FACEBOOK CONVERSION API
Facebook conversion API is considered the future of advertising. In January of last year, Chrome announced that third-party cookies would disappear from Chrome somewhere in 2021.
What will this information mean for the Digital Marketing community? What will occur with both users and advertisers if a powerful tool like the Facebook Pixel is likely without result?
Do not worry though, as today, we will introduce you to a solution, which will become the cool tools that all Digital Marketers will love so much.
1. The importance of the Facebook Pixel with Facebook ads
As you all know, the Facebook pixel is a useful analytics tool that allows you to measure the effectiveness of your advertising by understanding the actions people take on your website.
It collects data that helps you track conversions from Facebook ads, optimize ads, build targeted audiences for future ads and remarket to people who have already taken some kind of action on your website.
1.1 You can use the pixel to:
- Make sure your ads are shown to the right people: Find new customers or people who have visited a specific page or taken a desired action on your website.
- Drive more sales: Set up automatic bidding to reach people who are more likely to take an action you care about, like making a purchase
- Measure the results of your ads: Better understand the impact of your ads by measuring what happens when people see them.
1.2. What will happen if we can not use Facebook Pixel
The Facebook Pixel is phased out which means that Facebook Ads will become less effective. This also means that Facebook advertisers may have trouble doing the following:
- Deliver ads to people who in some way has engaged with your business
- Track and report conversions from specific users
- Make sure your ads are delivered to the people who are most likely to take your desired action
- Measure the effectiveness and optimize your ads
- Retarget your potential customers
However, Facebook Ads is still of great value to Facebook. Therefore, Facebook will definitely formulate a new strategy to remedy this circumstance. And that amazing solution is the Facebook Conversion API trạcking tool (CAPI).
2. What is Facebook Conversion API - CAPI?
Facebook Conversion API is a tool that records and stores all the information about consumer behavior on your website. In general, Facebook Conversion API is similar to the Facebook Pixel, but the two tools also have some key differences in their functionality.
2.1. Facebook Pixel
The Conversions API allows advertisers to send web events from their servers directly to Facebook. Server events are linked to a pixel and are processed like browser pixel events. This means that server events are used in measurement, reporting, and optimization in the same way as browser pixel events.
- The essential information for the creation of superior Facebook ads and targeting them to your preferred audience can be done through the Facebook pixel.
- The Facebook Pixel helps you check how your customers are interacting with your products and your business page after viewing your Facebook ads
- It also enables you to track pixel data for Facebook ad optimization for specific conversion events across your business page.
2.2. Facebook Conversion API
- By using conversions API, you can measure customer actions in more ways than by just using the Facebook pixel. You can get visibility into your customer’s entire journey on your page.
- Improve the accuracy of information sent for ad targeting, measurement, and optimization when used as an extension to the Facebook pixel.
- It also enables you to control the data you share, designed to give you more authority over the data you share and when you share.
- With the new updates from iOS14 and Chrome, Facebook Conversion API enables users to block the data from Browser. This means that the Pixel will disappear in the future.
3. Benefits of the Facebook Conversion API
Facebook’s Conversions API is thorough and provides businesses with a wealth of helpful tools and insights. Here is what it provides:
3.1. Full funnel visibility
- Conversions API offers businesses the ability to share exactly the data they want to, and nothing else. This is more than what Facebook Pixel alone currently offers. That being said, combining both Pixel and Conversions API means full-funnel visibility.
- Pixel alone offers insight into actions that occur on-website. These actions could be something like a page view or a purchase. When combined with the Conversions API, you truly get the full picture of the customer journey. Actions like off-website purchases and whether or not a customer continues to use their free trial and then converts are now tracked.
3.2 Accurate data sharing
- Sharing data through Conversions API is more accurate than any other method in the mid-funnel and lower funnel. Businesses don’t have to worry about any data getting lost due to a browser crash or an ad blocker.
- Meanwhile, the Pixel will be restricted when Google and iOS14 have a new update.
In conclusion, Conversions API is a great tool for advertisers. It’s used by advertisers around the world to gain better insight into the customer’s funnel journey, and customize their ad experience to achieve better results. Using Conversions API allows you to push data directly to Facebook, thus avoiding using cookies entirely, and making your campaigns that much more effective.
Should you don't know how to set up the Facebook Pixel on your website, please don't hesitate to leave a comment here or contact us by email. Our email address is firstname.lastname@example.org.
We are willing to support you as soonest as possible within 24 hours.